CapX Partners: Position of Associate
CapX Partners is a specialty finance company providing equipment finance solutions to middle- market businesses in the U.S. and Canada. CapX is a majority-owned subsidiary of Accord Financial Corporation, a publicly traded specialty finance company (ACD:TSX) with headquarters in Toronto.
CapX seeks an Associate to join the Chicago, IL headquarters. We are looking for a self-starter to support the credit underwriting and portfolio management functions. The candidate will perform credit analysis on prospective and existing investments, prepare portfolio review presentations, participate in investment committees & portfolio reviews and will assist in due diligence, documentation, and closing of new investments. The candidate will be a team player who possesses a positive attitude with strong attention to detail.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
· Help make informed investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions.
· Execute detailed credit analysis on opportunities with speed and accuracy.
· Present oral and written reports effectively on new investment prospects, portfolio company updates and highly monitored accounts.
· Provide relationship management support to portfolio accounts including information procurement, covenant monitoring and collateral updates.
· Manage new investment opportunities through the due diligence process and assist with closing documentation.
· Cross train with other departments and provide support during peak seasonal work cycles.
CapX Partners is searching for a team player who excels in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
· Minimum two (2) years of credit experience at a commercial bank, equipment lessor, non-bank lender, investment bank or other relevant employer are required.
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Software products with emphasis on Excel
· Demonstration of superior oral and written communication skills
· Knowledge of Moody's RiskCalc and Salesforce a plus
· Brings polished and professional manner
· Undergraduate degree required; finance or accounting major a plus
· Full time, salaried position
· Will require 50+ hours per week with occasional deal driven deadline needs
· Some business travel may be required
· Competitive base salary
· Bonus available to candidates that exceed expectations and results
· Competitive benefits including health, disability, flexible spending account (pre-tax), pre-tax CTA/Metra account and 401K with company matching program
· 3.5 weeks paid time off per year (earned pro-rata in first year)
Email all inquiries and resumes to HR@capxpartners.com.
This job description reflects senior management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict additional tasks that may be assigned.